Invited speaker at private conferences at The World Bank; at the U.S. National Security Agency; and at the U.S. Library of Congress (briefing to Congressional aides). Invited speaker at international IT conferences in Russia, the Middle East, Japan, Central America. Invitied speaker and/or participant at public and private conferences at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, DC).
Co-chair and lead speaker at Mealey’s IT Systems Failure Conference.
Invited speaker at numerous other public conferences including: ABA Section on Litigation Winter Leadership Conference; Mealey’s Internet Law Conference; Blue Cross/Blue Shield Millennium Solutions Conference; National Association of Securities Dealers Conference; University of Chicago Graduate School of Business Annual Management Conference; MBA National Technology in Mortgage Banking Conference; and several ObjectWorld and Software Development Conferences.
Testimony before Congress
Before the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
Before the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations (of the Committee on Education and the Workforce).
Before the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Government Management, Information and Technology.
Expert Testimony during the last four years (in deposition or at trial/hearing)
- Trading Technologies Int’l Inc. v. GL Trade SA et al., US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division [patent]
- BanxCorp v. Costco Wholesale et al., US District Court for the Southern District of New York [copyright]
- Gavel International v. Remington, American Arbitration Association, Chicago, IL [disputed IT project]
- Horizon Ag-Products v. Precision Systems Engineering, Inc. et al., US District Court for the District of New Mexico [disputed IT project]
- Mallinckrodt et al. v. E-Z-EM Inc., et al., US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas [patent]
- 2KDirect, Inc. v. AzoogleAds USA et al., US District Court for the Central District of California [trade secret]
- Madison Tyler Holdings, LLC v. FATTOC, LLC, JAMS Arbitration (Los Angeles, CA) [trade secret]
- Oracle USA, Inc. v. Qwest Software, Inc., JAG Arbitration (Denver, CO) [software licensing]
- Steward Software Company, LLC v. Richard Kopcho et al., District Court, Larimer County, Colorado [disputed IT project]
- Pure Research Products LLC v. Allergy Research Group et al., US District Court for the Eastern District of New York [cybersquatting]
- Edward Shapiro, P.C., et al. v. Shreenath Laxman, et al., US District Court for the Eastern District of New York [copyright, trade secret]